Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pfizer........


Pfizer as a company has always fascinated me; while I was doing my B pharmacy summer internship in Organon (India subsidiary of Akzo Nobel) in 2000 that year Pfizer’s name was published in all the news papers as it had then acquired world’s second most giant Warner Lambert. Then after my B Pharmacy completion I was selected as sales representative for Pfizer East zone in India but i quit before my training was going to begin in Mumbai as later i went on to pursue my PG diploma in Bioinformatics but still Pfizer is my fascination....so later on till date I have been following Pfizer's news updates regularly....and what I have observed till date is that Pfizer from early 1950's to this time has been the most active company is merger's and acquisitions and also in giving pink slip's to employees to maintain its liquid cash flow...Yesterday the news was Pfizer from year 2005 to till date has given around 30, 000+ pink slips to its employees but this is not a very new phenomenon with this company as Pfizer after Every Big merger or acquisition has been carrying out this process of giving pink slips for past 40- 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment