Thursday, November 19, 2009

My 100th Blog- Dedicated to Fred...............

Today I am very excited as it is my 100th Intellectual Drivers blog and I am dedicating this blog to Fred Hassan. Over the past 15 years Fred has been associated with many big Pharma deals, In his last assignment till last week he was CEO for Schering-Plough which later merged with Merck this year and was also in board of directors for Avon cosmetics, Now after his exit from Schering he has become the board of directors for Bausch and Lomb and has recently joined PE firm Warburg Pincus and for those of you who don’t know about this VC firm. I would like to mention that this VC firm has been investing heavily on health care sector for many years and has also invested in one very big KPO/BPO- WNS located in Bangalore, Mumbai and Gurgaon (listed in NYSE) which now employs more than 60-70 Analyst for its GSK offshore research centre in Gurgaon...........What ever may be the case. I won’t be surprised to hear in coming days that Fred Hassan has started his own Pharma Company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment