Saturday, January 01, 2011

Year first day Update on Pharma


Last month was the worst month in my life as I lost a precious person in my life, who has always supported me and had faith in me that I won’t do wrong, my father passed away in glimpse of 3-4 minutes without giving me chance to fight for him, so this month first day I thought to jot down some thoughts......Pharma industry in the last 6 months has seen less M&A as compared to 2008-09. Just two days back there was a deal at Roche end, what I like about Roche is its corporate organization is similar to GE concept............the best deal which came in the year end was from Sigma-Aldrich....it went to acquire Cerilliant corporation based in Texas to strengthen its analytical chemistry portfolio, Cerilliant, has been a leading supplier of high quality reference standards and materials, which provides products that support the clinical diagnostics, environmental, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical, forensic and clinical toxicology market. This will help Sigma –aldrich diversifies and further strengthens its leadership in the specific segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment